COVID-19 Information & Resources
Due to the current COVID-19 situation, Northview is canceling all in-person activities until further notice. In addition to our Sunday gathering, this cancellation also includes all user groups meeting in our building during the week. Church leadership will be evaluating the situation on a week by week basis to determine when we can resume physical gatherings on Sundays and throughout the week.
You can click here to view the initial letter from Bishop Cliff Fletcher of the Free Methodist Church in Canada on March 17th, 2020.
We are utilizing the online platforms & technology we already have in place to do digital gatherings throughout the week! If you have any issues accessing digital content, or questions and concerns related to the following information, please contact the church at firstname.lastname@example.org and we will get back to you as soon as possible.
Sunday Sermon & Announcements
Sunday Mornings at 10:30 AM you will be able to watch the weekly message on our YouTube Chanel at bit.ly/NorthviewLive.
If you are looking for sermon resources related to the weekly message such as the bulletin or Pastor David’s powerpoint, you can find them on the sermon page. A direct link will also be provided in the description of the weekly video.
The video lobby also has a live chat where you can connect with other congregation members and guests. This lobby will open 15 minutes before the service and will remain open for some time after the service.
Weekly Prayer Time
Wednesdays at 12 PM (Noon) Pastor David will be live streaming on Facebook for a weekly time of prayer. You will have an opportunity to add prayer requests in the comments.
Find this weekly on our Facebook Page.
Saturdays from 9:00 to 9:30 AM Pastor Sean will be leading us in the practice of Lectio Divina over Zoom. We will be reading from the Church of England Lectionary and The Book of Common Prayer, both available free from the APP store.
Find this weekly on Zoom (meeting 570 435 3817), or by contacting Pastor Sean at email@example.com.
As we aren’t meeting in person, giving will look a little different going forward. Here are the current options for giving:
- Giving Online: Through our website on the giving page
- Interac E-Transfer: Send your giving to firstname.lastname@example.org from your online banking service.
- Mobile App: Use the tithe.ly app (“Northview Community Church Free Methodist” -> this is important, there are other Northview churches!)
- Preauthorized Debit: an application is available on the giving page. If you are already set up, these will continue on your selected withdrawal date.
- By Cheque: Cheques can be mailed to the church, our address is 744 Sangster Blvd, Regina, SK, S4R 7N8
IMPORTANT: Please do not mail cash to the church! Only cheques, see below for information if cash is your required option.
- By Cash: Call the church or email email@example.com to arrange for a Cash pick up. This will be done in a contactless arrangement using safe distance protocols.
During this time Pastor Belinda has activated the small groups & care team to ensure everyone has access to care and connection. If you haven’t been contacted and need care, assistance, or prayer, please contact the care team at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Normally we publish the Sunday Worship set as a YouTube playlist each week. While we cannot broadcast our music live, we have continued creating a weekly playlist. You can find this on our YouTube Channel, and we will also be sharing it on the Facebook Page each week. It generally comes out on Friday or Saturday.
You can view our created playlists by clicking here.
The Sunday school curriculum that would normally be taught in Discoveryland will be available on the church website each week so your children can continue their lessons. You can view this by going to our children’s ministry page. If you have questions or need help, please contact the Discoveryland team at email@example.com.
Small Groups & User Groups
We expect small groups to also stop meeting in person for the time being. If group leaders are interested in attempting digital meetings via an online conferencing tool, we encourage them to pursue this! Here are some video conferencing tools you might want to try:
- Zoom video-conferencing is one of the main tools being used around the world right now. It is highly accessible across multiple platforms, and online through the web browser. Note, it is limited to 40- minute group meetings on the free tier.
- Microsoft’s Skype platform is another popular tool for video-conferencing. It is available across many platforms, including Android, iOS, Windows, and macOS, and is one of the more familiar tools for many people.
- Google Duo provides group video-conferencing for mobile devices running iOS or Android.
- Facebook Messenger has video calling capabilities for individuals with accounts. This is accessible through mobile apps for phone/tablet, and online for laptops and computers.
- Apple’s FaceTime is an option, however, this is only available to individuals using iOS or Mac devices so it is not as accessible.
You may also want to try using an online learning environment such as Google Classroom where you can invite individuals by email, and share resources, messages, and have discussions with each other. Creating a Facebook Group can also work in similar ways to Google Classroom. You may also just want to use an email list where you can have a conversation with everyone via email, however, you need to check with individuals first to ensure they are okay with their emails being shared.
If you are interested in trying out Google Classroom or Facebook Groups, Webster would be happy to help you set this up. Contact the church at firstname.lastname@example.org and we will get you connected.